As a nonprofit, nonpartisan news outlet, The New Bedford Light is pleased to share the work of similar organizations around the region and across the country. This new podcast series by New Hampshire Public Radio is particularly relevant to New Bedford, where the offshore wind industry is expected to be a major force in the local economy.
In this five-part series, the NHPR show Outside/In explores the birth of offshore wind as a new industry that has the power to reshape the future of where our energy comes from.
The Light will publish additional episodes over the next several weeks.
Episode 1: Sea Change
Picture this: thousands of wind turbines off the Atlantic coast, each one taller than the Washington Monument. Offshore wind is seen as an essential solution to climate change, and it’s poised for explosive growth in the United States. How did we get to a moment of such dramatic change?
Sign up for our free newsletter
Receive in-depth news stories and arts & culture coverage from around New Bedford in your inbox every weekday.
SUPPORT LOCAL NEWS
Give today to keep The Light shining. As a nonprofit with no paywall we rely on reader donations to fund our high-quality reporting.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Founding benefactors: Irwin and Joan Jacobs, Mary and Jim Ottaway
- New Bedford board tries to balance needs of recovering addicts with downtown merchants
- Opinion: Let’s talk turkey this Thanksgiving
- Ousted New Bedford tenants struggle to find shelter
- Homeless students are the unseen victims of New Bedford’s housing crisis
- Council president Abreu urges action on New Bedford’s lead pipes, but it’s up to mayor
- Counting votes isn’t what it used to be