As a nonprofit, nonpartisan news outlet, The New Bedford Light is pleased to share the work of similar organizations around the region and across the country. This new podcast series by New Hampshire Public Radio is particularly relevant to New Bedford, where the offshore wind industry is expected to be a major force in the local economy.
In this five-part series, the NHPR show Outside/In explores the birth of offshore wind as a new industry that has the power to reshape the future of where our energy comes from.
The Light will publish additional episodes over the next several weeks.
Episode 1: Sea Change
Picture this: thousands of wind turbines off the Atlantic coast, each one taller than the Washington Monument. Offshore wind is seen as an essential solution to climate change, and it’s poised for explosive growth in the United States. How did we get to a moment of such dramatic change?
Sign up for free
Our free newsletter will drop into your inbox weekday mornings, giving you all the highlights of our in-depth news stories and community arts and culture coverage.
SUPPORT OUR WORK TODAY
As an independent, nonprofit news outlet we are reliant on reader support to help fund the kind of in-depth journalism that keeps the public informed and holds the powerful accountable. Thank you for your support.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Irwin and Joan Jacobs, Mary and Jim Ottaway
- Follow The New Bedford Light for the latest updates on political races in the South Coast
- New Bedford-area teachers frustrated by state’s decision to raise MCAS standards
- DA hopeful McMahon favors treatment for addiction, while getting tough on drug dealers
- DA Quinn: Targeting weapons and drug traffickers makes streets safer in South Coast
- Incumbent Quinn and challenger McMahon swing away in testy Bristol DA’s race
- The Light on Radio: Jack Spillane talks monkeypox, heat islands, rising sewer bills, shell fishing and more