As a nonprofit, nonpartisan news outlet, The New Bedford Light is pleased to share the work of similar organizations around the region and across the country. This new podcast series by New Hampshire Public Radio is particularly relevant to New Bedford, where the offshore wind industry is expected to be a major force in the local economy.
In this five-part series, the NHPR show Outside/In explores the birth of offshore wind as a new industry that has the power to reshape the future of where our energy comes from.
The Light will publish additional episodes over the next several weeks.
Episode 2: Please Let Me Finish, Mr. Kennedy
Ten years ago, a Kennedy and a Koch shared the same goal: Stop Cape Wind, America’s would-be first offshore wind farm.
Despite nearly two decades of effort, Cape Wind was never built, and its failure had huge consequences for the offshore wind industry. But it also laid the groundwork for the next wave of offshore wind and the explosive growth to come.
Featuring Cheryl Andrews-Maltais, Jim Gordon, Sean Corcoran, Beth Daley and Audra Parker.
If you have a short comment, a first-person essay, a poem or a topical opinion piece, an image, a short video — or some other form of creative expression — you’d like to share, please submit it here or email us at VOICES@newbedfordlight.org. We want to hear from you. Comments must be civil and will be edited for clarity and length.
Sign up for free
Our free newsletter will drop into your inbox weekday mornings, giving you all the highlights of our in-depth news stories and community arts and culture coverage.
SUPPORT OUR WORK TODAY
As an independent, nonprofit news outlet we are reliant on reader support to help fund the kind of in-depth journalism that keeps the public informed and holds the powerful accountable. Thank you for your support.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Irwin and Joan Jacobs, Mary and Jim Ottaway
- From horror fan films to his own production company, Vincente DiSanti living his dream
- New Bedford city councilors look for solution to shellfish bed pollution
- Early education in ‘crisis’ across South Coast as new school year approaches
- First confirmed monkeypox case diagnosed in New Bedford, ‘handful’ of presumptive cases also suspected
- Shellfish areas remain closed in New Bedford as city works to fix old sewage system
- AHA! Night: Summer in the Seaport, Summer Sound Series, A Midsummer Night’s Dream