Welcome to your new home for in-depth local news!
The New Bedford Light is a free, nonprofit, nonpartisan news site dedicated to fact-based coverage of important local issues and diverse community voices. We are currently in startup mode, working hard to bring you the depth and breadth of community news you deserve.
Our website is under construction, our professional journalists are beginning their reporting, and we are reaching out to an array of community partners — all in anticipation of our official launch later this spring.
In the meantime …
- LEARN about our mission, our values and ethics, and our community outreach program on our FAQ and Board of Directors pages.
- READ about us in The Boston Globe and CommonWealth Magazine.
- LET US KNOW your news preferences, and topics you want covered, by filling out our community survey, available in English, Spanish, Cape Verdean Creole and Portuguese.
- WATCH our first community forum, a conversation with renowned journalist Charlayne Hunter-Gault.
- SHARE your suggestions, ideas and general feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And please consider making an early donation.
As an independent, nonprofit news outlet we are reliant on reader support to help fund the kind of in-depth journalism that keeps the public informed and holds the powerful accountable. Thank you for your support.