Police and Courts
Sign up for our free newsletter
Receive in-depth news stories and arts & culture coverage from around New Bedford in your inbox every weekday.
SUPPORT LOCAL NEWS
Give today to keep The Light shining. As a nonprofit with no paywall we rely on reader donations to fund our high-quality reporting.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Founding benefactors: Irwin and Joan Jacobs, Mary and Jim Ottaway
- Report for America chooses The Light for environmental reporting post
- Suspect in assault on New Bedford elections official to be charged with hate crime
- Video: Fishing captain Jerry Leeman speaks on fishing quotas
- Commentary: Fishing rules are strangling honest, hard-working, blue-collar fishermen
- Her style is boho meets high fashion, her mission is sustainability
- New Bedford eyes hefty pay hikes for some managers and others on city payroll