As an independent, nonpartisan news outlet dedicated to diverse community voices, The New Bedford Light welcomes guest essays. Opinions expressed in our Community Voices essays are those of the individual writers
In addition to our longer Community Voices essay series, we welcome short comments related to our news coverage and all aspects of life in New Bedford. Use our online comment form; send your thoughts via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or share them on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
If you have a short comment, a first-person essay, a poem or a topical opinion piece, an image, a short video — or some other form of creative expression — you’d like to share, please submit it here or email us at VOICES@newbedfordlight.org. We want to hear from you. Comments must be civil and will be edited for clarity and length.
Sign up for our free newsletter
Receive in-depth news stories and arts & culture coverage from around New Bedford in your inbox every weekday.
SUPPORT LOCAL NEWS
Give today to keep The Light shining. As a nonprofit with no paywall we rely on reader donations to fund our high-quality reporting.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Founding benefactors: Irwin and Joan Jacobs, Mary and Jim Ottaway
- Justice Department digs into ‘competition concerns’ in New England fishing industry
- Question 2 backers accuse dental insurance industry of ‘misinformation campaign’
- Opinion: It’s not perfect but we need it — Train service to Boston hinges on vote to join MBTA
- Before South Coast Rail can roll, voters must say ‘yes’ to letting New Bedford join MBTA
- Register for The Chat: Breaking down November’s ballot question — should New Bedford join the MBTA?
- Driver’s licenses for immigrants? The state legislature said yes, but now voters will decide