Following are key deadlines, dates and other information for New Bedford residents voting in the 2022 election season, including voter registration, mail-in voting, and early voting.
Sept. 6 state primaries
- Aug. 27 — Last day to register to vote in the State Primary Election (deadline is 5 p.m.)
- Aug. 27 to Sept. 2 — Early voting period for State Primary Election. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day on the third floor of the Main Public Library, 613 Pleasant St., downtown.
- Monday, Aug. 29 — Last day for submitting a vote by mail application (deadline is 5 p.m.)
- Sept. 6 — Massachusetts State Primary Election Day. Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Check City of New Bedford website for new polling locations.
Nov. 8 general election
- Oct. 29 — Last day for registration to vote in Nov. 8 election (deadline is 5 p.m.)
- Oct. 22 to Nov. 4 — Early voting in New Bedford. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day on the third floor of the Main Public Library, 613 Pleasant St., downtown.
- Nov. 1 — Last day for vote by mail applications (deadline is 5 p.m.)
- Nov. 8 — Massachusetts State Election. Polls open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Check City of New Bedford election website for new polling locations.
New Bedford residents who are uncertain about their voting status or designated polling locations; who have changed their address since the last election; or who have questions about mail-in, absentee, or early voting can call the Board of Election Commissioners at (508) 979-1420.
Find more information on registering and voting at the New Bedford elections page . Or visit the Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth Elections Division website for voting information and instructions on registering, mail-in ballots, sample ballots and voting locations.