NEW BEDFORD — The COVID-19 testing clinic scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 30, at New Bedford Regional Airport has been canceled due to the weekend nor’easter.
Project Beacon’s appointment-based COVID-19 testing at New Bedford Regional Airport — part of the state’s Stop the Spread program — could resume its regular schedule Monday, if conditions allow. Everyone with a test appointment for Sunday has been notified and provided with rescheduling assistance, a Project Beacon official said Friday.
Appointments for free COVID-19 tests can be made at beacontesting.com. Airport officials ask that people reach the site via the airport’s side entrance on Downey Street.
Contact Project Beacon by email at email@example.com; or by calling 617-741-7310.
The availability of Monday’s testing clinic provided by Seven Hills Behavioral Health at former Fire Station 11 in the South End — a walk-up clinic with no appointment necessary — also will depend on weather conditions over the weekend.
For rapid tests, the federal government is offering free at-home test kits online, at COVIDtests.gov. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order four free at-home COVID-19 tests. If you test positive with a rapid test, isolate for at least five days and notify close contacts. State guidance on isolation and quarantining can be found here.
The Light will continue to monitor and report on COVID-19, but will pause weekly updates, including new cases in New Bedford, percentage of those vaccinated and average daily cases.
If you test negative, re-testing a day or more later is advised, particularly if you have symptoms or a known exposure to the virus.
Testing sites in New Bedford and surrounding towns can be found on the state’s Stop the Spread website, mass.gov/info-details/find-a-covid-19-test.
Upcoming testing locations in New Bedford include:
- Monday, Jan. 31 (if conditions allow): Project Beacon at New Bedford Regional Airport, 1569 Airport Road, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 31 (if conditions allow): Former Fire Station 11, 754 Brock Ave., from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 1: Project Beacon at New Bedford Regional Airport, 1569 Airport Road, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 1: Former Fire Station 11, 754 Brock Ave., from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 2: Project Beacon at New Bedford Regional Airport, 1569 Airport Road, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 2: Seven Hills at PAACA, 360 Coggeshall St., from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 3: Project Beacon at New Bedford Regional Airport, 1569 Airport Road, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 3: Former Fire Station 11, 754 Brock Ave., from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 4: Former Fire Station 11, 754 Brock Ave., from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 6: Project Beacon at New Bedford Regional Airport (1569 Airport Road) – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sign up for our free newsletter
Receive in-depth news stories and arts & culture coverage from around New Bedford in your inbox every weekday.
Support local news
Give today to keep The Light shining. As a nonprofit with no paywall we rely on reader donations to fund our high-quality reporting.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Founding benefactors: Joan and Irwin Jacobs fund of the Jewish Community Foundation, Mary and Jim Ottaway
For questions about donations, contact Chrystal Walsh, director of advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about sponsoring The Light, contact Peter Andrews, director of business development and community engagement, at email@example.com.
- Opinion: Adding luxury housing won’t solve city’s housing crisis
- Culture Calendar: See the latest events planned in and around New Bedford
- NBAM’s year-end exhibit inventive, eclectic and engaging
- Opinion: Return of rail brings the chance to build homes for people, not spaces for cars
- Steeple Playhouse opening ushers in a new era for city
- UMass Dartmouth will refer students seeking medication abortion to two clinics