EDITOR’S NOTE: The Light will continue to monitor and report on COVID-19, but will pause weekly updates, including new cases in New Bedford, percentage of those vaccinated and average daily cases.
The statistics collected since June 2021 will remain here but will not be updated moving forward.
— By The New Bedford Light
February 16, 2023
New COVID-19 cases in New Bedford, June 21, 2021-Feb. 8, 2023
Percentage of residents fully vaccinated
Average daily cases per 100,000 residents, Jan. 22-Feb. 4
Sign up for our free newsletter
Receive in-depth news stories and arts & culture coverage from around New Bedford in your inbox every weekday.
Support local news
Give today to keep The Light shining. As a nonprofit with no paywall we rely on reader donations to fund our high-quality reporting.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Founding benefactors: Joan and Irwin Jacobs fund of the Jewish Community Foundation, Mary and Jim Ottaway
For questions about donations, contact Chrystal Walsh, director of advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about sponsoring The Light, contact Peter Andrews, director of business development and community engagement, at email@example.com.
- NBAM’s year-end exhibit inventive, eclectic and engaging
- Return of rail brings the chance to build homes for people, not spaces for cars
- Steeple Playhouse opening ushers in a new era for city
- UMass Dartmouth will refer students seeking medication abortion to two clinics
- Floating wind turbine prototype arrives in New Bedford cove
- Construction company fined for safety violations that resulted in Guatemalan laborer’s death