We usually use this space to tell you how we are working toward fulfilling our mission as a free, independent news outlet that makes a positive difference in New Bedford. But today, we want to let someone else talk for us: CommonWealth Magazine.
We are sending it directly to you because we want to be certain that you – the people whose generosity we rely on, and greatly appreciate – know your support is having a big impact on the greater New Bedford area and beyond.
Click here to read Michael Jonas’s story in CommonWealth, and thank you again for partnering with us as we push forward in this critical public service effort.
With much gratitude,
The New Bedford Light
Sign up for our free newsletter
Receive in-depth news stories and arts & culture coverage from around New Bedford in your inbox every weekday.
SUPPORT LOCAL NEWS
Give today to keep The Light shining. As a nonprofit with no paywall we rely on reader donations to fund our high-quality reporting.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Founding benefactors: Irwin and Joan Jacobs, Mary and Jim Ottaway
- Heroux gathers early support to study closing ancient Ash Street Jail
- Video: Gone in 10 seconds — 80-foot smokestack demolished
- Department of Environmental Protection targeted for ‘egregious’ open meeting violation
- Teaching climate change: High schoolers implore legislators to act on ‘greatest problem’ facing young generation
- Podcast: Hear what students have to say on environmental curriculum standards
- Ward 3 councilor finalists are fresh faces for voters to choose between