We usually use this space to tell you how we are working toward fulfilling our mission as a free, independent news outlet that makes a positive difference in New Bedford. But today, we want to let someone else talk for us: CommonWealth Magazine.
We are sending it directly to you because we want to be certain that you – the people whose generosity we rely on, and greatly appreciate – know your support is having a big impact on the greater New Bedford area and beyond.
Click here to read Michael Jonas’s story in CommonWealth, and thank you again for partnering with us as we push forward in this critical public service effort.
With much gratitude,
The New Bedford Light
Sign up for our free newsletter
Receive in-depth news stories and arts & culture coverage from around New Bedford in your inbox every weekday.
Support local news
Give today to keep The Light shining. As a nonprofit with no paywall we rely on reader donations to fund our high-quality reporting.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Founding benefactors: Joan and Irwin Jacobs fund of the Jewish Community Foundation, Mary and Jim Ottaway
For questions about donations, contact Chrystal Walsh, director of advancement, at email@example.com.
For questions about sponsoring The Light, contact Peter Andrews, director of business development and community engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Culture Calendar: See the latest events planned in and around New Bedford
- NBAM’s year-end exhibit inventive, eclectic and engaging
- Return of rail brings the chance to build homes for people, not spaces for cars
- Steeple Playhouse opening ushers in a new era for city
- UMass Dartmouth will refer students seeking medication abortion to two clinics
- Floating wind turbine prototype arrives in New Bedford cove