We usually use this space to tell you how we are working toward fulfilling our mission as a free, independent news outlet that makes a positive difference in New Bedford. But today, we want to let someone else talk for us: CommonWealth Magazine.
We are sending it directly to you because we want to be certain that you – the people whose generosity we rely on, and greatly appreciate – know your support is having a big impact on the greater New Bedford area and beyond.
Click here to read Michael Jonas’s story in CommonWealth, and thank you again for partnering with us as we push forward in this critical public service effort.
With much gratitude,
The New Bedford Light
Sign up for free
Our free newsletter will drop into your inbox weekday mornings, giving you all the highlights of our in-depth news stories and community arts and culture coverage.
SUPPORT OUR WORK TODAY
As an independent, nonprofit news outlet we are reliant on reader support to help fund the kind of in-depth journalism that keeps the public informed and holds the powerful accountable. Thank you for your support.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Irwin and Joan Jacobs, Mary and Jim Ottaway
- First confirmed monkeypox case diagnosed in New Bedford, ‘handful’ of presumptive cases also suspected
- Shellfish areas remain closed in New Bedford as city works to fix old sewage system
- AHA! Night: Summer in the Seaport, Summer Sound Series, A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Opinion: Drone killing of Al Qaeda leader vindicates Biden’s ‘over the horizon’ strategy
- City advises using air-conditioned libraries for relief from extreme heat
- Head of NOAA Fisheries visits New Bedford, impact of offshore wind development on fishing a concern