THANK YOU for bringing us even closer to the goal of meeting our $50,000 year-end challenge grant. Please keep those donations coming – just $3,500 more to unlock the match!
Incredibly, we have raised $6,500 in individual donations over the last 48 hours. If we can hit that magic 50k number by Dec. 31, 2021, all your donations will automatically double. So please keep them coming. We are so close!
Every dollar you give goes directly to supporting our local nonprofit, nonpartisan newsroom. Our reporters, editors and visual journalists are dedicated to deep, meaningful coverage of New Bedford and the region. Our generous board members, founders and friends offered the challenge grant specifically to fund the expansion of our staff in 2022.
We are looking forward to bringing you more in-depth stories about the issues that matter most – schools, jobs, health care, wind energy, fishing, climate, city government and politics. We hope to continue expanding our coverage of New Bedford’s lively arts and culture scene, as well as the many facets of our civic life.
Every gift, no matter how small, helps us bring high-quality, fact-based journalism to the city. Please keep The Light shining. Give today.
The New Bedford Light
Sign up for free
Our free newsletter will drop into your inbox weekday mornings, giving you all the highlights of our in-depth news stories and community arts and culture coverage.
SUPPORT OUR WORK TODAY
As an independent, nonprofit news outlet we are reliant on reader support to help fund the kind of in-depth journalism that keeps the public informed and holds the powerful accountable. Thank you for your support.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Irwin and Joan Jacobs, Mary and Jim Ottaway
- Opinion: Drone killing of Al Qaeda leader vindicates Biden’s ‘over the horizon’ strategy
- City advises using air-conditioned libraries for relief from extreme heat
- Head of NOAA Fisheries visits New Bedford, impact of offshore wind development on fishing a concern
- Vineyard Wind may have dodged bullet in patent lawsuit between wind power giants
- Guatemalans in New Bedford rescue their culture through food
- Guatemaltecos rescatan su cultura a través de la comida