Heartfelt thanks to all who responded to our year-end challenge to raise $50,000. We have only $10,000 to go to meet our goal!
As a nonprofit news outlet, we rely on your generosity to help fund our independent, fact-based journalism. Our reporters are digging deep on the most important issues facing New Bedford and the region – from the fishing and wind industries to immigration, schools and health care.
We are only 6 months old, but our stories are having a real impact on real people. Just last week, we partnered with the Marshall Project, a national nonprofit outlet devoted to criminal justice reporting, for a powerful look at the struggles of New Bedford’s Mayan immigrants during the pandemic.
This kind of immersive journalism takes time, and it takes money. Please help us keep this work going.
The match donated by our Board members and friends means that every dollar you give between now and the end of the year will automatically double! This is the perfect opportunity to give your donation even more impact.
Thank you again for bringing deeply reported, high-quality journalism to New Bedford.
With warm wishes,
The New Bedford Light
Sign up for free
Our free newsletter will drop into your inbox weekday mornings, giving you all the highlights of our in-depth news stories and community arts and culture coverage.
SUPPORT OUR WORK TODAY
As an independent, nonprofit news outlet we are reliant on reader support to help fund the kind of in-depth journalism that keeps the public informed and holds the powerful accountable. Thank you for your support.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Irwin and Joan Jacobs, Mary and Jim Ottaway
- Key dates in Massachusetts primary and final elections
- Rep. Straus says legislative experience will help finish key projects across South Coast
- GOP challenger McConnell cites integrity and sheriff’s department experience in 10th District race
- Fairhaven businessman Rick Trapilo cites management experience in 10th Bristol race
- It’s a crowded race for Bristol 10th District
- Old friends bring new ideas for student health care to New Bedford