Following are key dates for New Bedford’s Oct. 3 preliminary election and Nov. 7 final election:
- Oct. 3: Preliminary election date: Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Oct. 9: Last day and hour (5 p.m.) to file a recount petition with the Board of Election Commissioners.
- Oct. 27: Last day to register to vote in the Nov. 7 municipal election (by 5 p.m.)
- Oct 31: Last day and hour (5 p.m.) to apply for a mail-in or absentee election ballot.
- Nov. 6: Last day and hour (noon) to apply for in-person absentee final election ballot.
- Nov. 7: Final municipal election. Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Nov. 17: Last day and hour (5 p.m.) to file for a recount for the final election.
Find a list of polling locations around New Bedford.
Use your address to find out where to vote at the Mass. Secretary of the Commonwealth website.
Find additional information about voting at the New Bedford Election Commission website.
Thank you to our sponsors
Founding benefactors: Joan and Irwin Jacobs fund of the Jewish Community Foundation, Mary and Jim Ottaway
For questions about donations, contact Chrystal Walsh, director of advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about sponsoring The Light, contact Peter Andrews, director of business development and community engagement, at email@example.com.