Jan. 16, 2022
New Bedford Light columnist Jack Spillane talks with WBSM’s Jim Phillips on WBSM’s Townsquare Sunday about the latest hot topics in New Bedford, including Keith Hovan, city councilors riding limos to inauguration, the council presidency, the sheriff’s race, the state of Covid testing in New Bedford and more.
Sign up for free
Our free newsletter will drop into your inbox weekday mornings, giving you all the highlights of our in-depth news stories and community arts and culture coverage.
SUPPORT OUR WORK TODAY
As an independent, nonprofit news outlet we are reliant on reader support to help fund the kind of in-depth journalism that keeps the public informed and holds the powerful accountable. Thank you for your support.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Irwin and Joan Jacobs, Mary and Jim Ottaway
- Feast, festival or parade. It’s time to party again!
- Mayor: Adopting scallop leasing proposal like opening Pandora’s Box. ‘Let’s not go there’
- New Bedford sits in the middle of Southeastern Mass. ‘abortion desert’
- The Light on Radio: Jack Spillane talks elementary school playgrounds, the plight of the Pocasset tribe and more on WBSM
- Mitchell warns of ‘potentially consequential’ impacts if leasing is approved
- Chapman Dickerson, CEO of Bask, talks about the future of cannabis