The arts story in New Bedford is a tale of survival — from the early days, through economic downturns and amid the hardships of an enduring pandemic.
New Bedford artists Ron Fortier, Fitzcarmel LaMarre, Amy Schusser and Nancy Hayes gathered Tuesday for a free Zoom conversation about the arts in New Bedford, hosted by New Bedford Light Founding Editor Barbara Roessner and moderated by columnist Jack Spillane.
The Arts in New Bedford: Tales of Survival is the introductory edition of “The Chat,” a new series of online community conversations hosted by The New Bedford Light.
Throughout 2022, The Chat will feature topical conversations about important issues facing our city — from climate change to charter schools to health care equity and more.
Sign up for our free newsletter
Receive in-depth news stories and arts & culture coverage from around New Bedford in your inbox every weekday.
SUPPORT LOCAL NEWS
Give today to keep The Light shining. As a nonprofit with no paywall we rely on reader donations to fund our high-quality reporting.
New Bedford Light is an IRS-determined 501(c)(3) Public Charity; all gifts are tax-deductible. Our EIN number is 86-2407296.
Thank you to our sponsors
Founding benefactors: Irwin and Joan Jacobs, Mary and Jim Ottaway
- Heroux gathers early support to study closing ancient Ash Street Jail
- Video: Gone in 10 seconds — 80-foot smokestack demolished
- Department of Environmental Protection targeted for ‘egregious’ open meeting violation
- Teaching climate change: High schoolers implore legislators to act on ‘greatest problem’ facing young generation
- Podcast: Hear what students have to say on environmental curriculum standards
- Ward 3 councilor finalists are fresh faces for voters to choose between