COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
SUBMIT YOUR EVENT
- This event has passed.
Event Series: New Bedford City Council Meeting
New Bedford City Council Meeting
August 18, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The New Bedford City Council will meet at 7 p.m. in New Bedford City Hall.
On the agenda:
- A veto of a waiver of residency for Paul Bryant for a pawnbroker’s license
- A report from the Special Committee on Affordable Housing and & Homeless affairs recommending the creation of a Homeless Crisis Coordinator
- A recommendation to approve Goncalo Medeiros Coelho as a constable
- A recommendation to approve Camille Taylor for a private livery license
- A recommendation for a sewer abatement request for Silas Nutter
- A recommendation to approve a subdivision at 63 David Street
- Recommendations to take no further action on: A meeting with United interfaith Action, a request for a list of applications to the Enhanced Facade Improvement Program, a request for a 12-month extension of a deadline for proposals of funding, a request for proposal for fire Station #6.
- A motion requesting NeighborWorks CEO Robert Corley appear to discus housing solution efforts
- A motion requesting City Code of Ordinances be amended to reflect recently adopted council Rules of Order
- A motion to disband the City Council’s ad hoc committee on Rules of Order
- A motion requesting interim CFO Michael Gagne appear to provide Covid-19 expenses submitted to FEMA for reimbursement
- A motion requesting Mary Rapoza and Peter Boswell of the Parks department to update on the Park Master Plan
- A motion requesting the health department enforce the ordinance that restaurants with drive thrus have two mandatory trash recepticles
- A motion to discuss the charges for the disposal of household items in New Bedford and provision for household item pick up