In Depth: Housing
The New Bedford Light examines the city’s surging real estate market
Residential home prices in New Bedford are surging as supply remains low — and local buyers are finding it hard to compete.
“We’re seeing some folks really having challenging times being able to afford this rental market.”
Sign up for free
Our free newsletter will drop into your inbox weekday mornings, giving you all the highlights of our in-depth news stories and community arts and culture coverage.
SUPPORT OUR WORK TODAY
As an independent, nonprofit news outlet we are reliant on reader support to help fund the kind of in-depth journalism that keeps the public informed and holds the powerful accountable. Thank you for your support.
- DON’T MISS: Melville at 202; Mass. mom jokes at the Mill; musician rediscovered; drama in the garden
- Is COVID-19 cluster at The Vault a warning for New Bedford?
- Essay: The journey to equity is hard. Start by looking within.
- America’s would-be first wind farm
- DA seeks justice in case of Councilor Hugh Dunn
- FRANCES SULLIVAN, 98, LOVED FASHION AND LIVED IN STYLE