COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
- This event has passed.
Where to pick up free meals for New Bedford kids this summer
For more information, visit ProjectBread.org/summereats, call the Department of Parks, Recreation and Beaches at 508-961-3015, ext. 1, or New Bedford Public Schools at 508-997-4515.
- Brooklawn Park, 1997 Acushnet Ave: Lunch Monday to Friday, noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Community Gardens at Riverside Park (Coffin Avenue side), 297 Belleville Ave.: Dinner Tuesday and Thursday, 5:15 to 5:45 p.m.
- Rest and Relaxation Van site at Dias Field, 392 Mt. Pleasant St.: Lunch Fridays, 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Keith Middle School, 225 Hathaway Boulevard: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. breakfast, 11:30 a.m. lunch
- Hayden McFadden Elementary School, 361 Cedar Grove St.: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. breakfast, 11:30 a.m. lunch
- Gomes Elementary School, 286 S. 2nd St.: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. breakfast, 11:30 a.m. lunch