COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
SUBMIT YOUR EVENT
- This event has passed.
Transformative Leaders Massachusetts: New fellowship program
April 4, 2022
With one in five principals leaving their jobs every year and novice leaders leaving the field at a much more frequent rate, the Barr Foundation and Springpoint, two nonprofits focused on re-imagining the high school experience, started a new fellowship program called Transformative Leaders Massachusetts.
The goal is to build a diverse leadership pipeline of leaders committed to creating an innovative and effective high school experience all young people, especially the most underserved. The first cohort of middle school and high school educators is invited to apply for the program, which begins summer 2022. The deadline is April 4.
For more information or to apply for the fellowship, visit springpointschools.org/fellowship or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As fellows, educators will participate in a two-year school design and leadership program that will build their leadership capacity and instructional experience so they can become innovative leaders and change agents in their schools and communities. The aim is to attract diverse educators who are motivated by ensuring schools are student-centered environments.
Participants in the Transformative Leaders Massachusetts program will:
- Earn a stipend of $20,000 over two years in addition to current salaries
- Have support to earn Massachusetts school leader licensure through the state Department of Elementary and Secondary Education alternative certification apprenticeship pathway
- Have a dedicated mentor at their current school and an experienced Springpoint coach
- Engage with a small, diverse cohort of aspiring school leaders
- Expand their professional networks
- Work with a flexible class schedule of weekends, nights, and days off
- Join school visits across the state to see transformational programs in action
Applications will be open through April 4.