COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
SUBMIT YOUR EVENT
- This event has passed.
Plein Air Painting with John Jameson
May 20 @ 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Join artist John Jameson as he explores the outdoors. If it rains, the rain date will be scheduled for Sunday, May 27, from 3:30–6:30 p.m. This workshop is limited to 15 students. The class fee is $45.
Artists should bring a straw hat to protect them from the sun, an easel that is portable and weighed down (Pochade box recommended), watercolor sketchbook. Artists are responsible for bringing their supplies (pastels, acrylic, oils).
For oil and acrylic painters, everyone should have the following:
- An assortment of brushes, some bristle, some synthetic, rounds, and filberts will be the most useful (flats are very nice to have as well) -cotton rags or paper towels -one metal palette knife (sloped) -one palette (I like wood for myself but plastic or disposable (palette paper) are fine) -cup for cleaning brushes
- Acrylic mat medium (for acrylics) OR Linseed oil and odorless mineral spirits (for oils)
- Latex gloves (optional but sometimes nice)
- Smallish painting surface (canvas, board, prepared paper, etc.)
- Titanium White (I’d recommend a larger tube) -Yellow Ochre -Vermillion (Or Cadmium Red Light)
- Cadmium yellow -Alizarin Crimson -Ultramarine Blue -Burnt Sienna -Burnt Umber
Check out John Jameson’s work below: