COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
- This event has passed.
New Bedford School Committee
October 16 @ 6:00 pm
The New Bedford School Committee will hold a regular meeting at 6 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 16 in the Steven De Rossi Community Room at Keith Middle School.
On the agenda:
- Reports from Superintendent (including beginning of year attendance update), Student Representative, Finance & Operations, Personnel, Sub-Committees and School Committee
- Public comment
- Second reading of policies to amend/adopt
- Approval of transfer Class of 2013 funds from NBHS Student Activity account to NBHS Principal Donation account
- Eleven requests for out-of-district travel
- Discussion concerning Student Representative proposed bills “An Act Relative to Student Representative Voting Rights”
- Discussion of 2023-24 School Committee norms developed during July 2023 retreat
- Executive session to conduct collective bargaining with New Bedford Educators Association Unit A, specifically to hear two grievances