COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
- This event has passed.
New Bedford School Committee
July 10 @ 6:00 pm
The New Bedford School Committee will meet at 6 p.m. on Monday, July 10 in the Steven De Rossi Community Room at Keith Middle School.
On the agenda:
- Superintendent report, including general updates and school committee retreat
- Reports from Finance & Operations, Personnel, Sub-Commitee and School Committee
- Public comment
- Second reading of 28 updated policies to amend/adopt
- Consider for approval the Student Activity, Revolving and Grant Funds for fiscal year 2024
- Request for out-of-district travel from Jennifer McGuire, college and career coordinator, to attend the National Association for College Admissions Counseling NACAC Conference Sept. 20-23 in Baltimore, Md (Cost $1,995)
- Creation and approval of a Food Service Garden facilitator
- Consideration of recommendation for Barry Rabinovitch to serve as interim assistant superintendent until June 30, 2024
- Executive sessionto discuss strategy for collective bargaining and negotiations with the New Bedford Educator’s Association