COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
SUBMIT YOUR EVENT
- This event has passed.
New Bedford School Committee
May 8 @ 6:00 pm
The New Bedford School Committee will meet at 6 p.m. on Monday, May 8 in the Steven De Rossi room at Keith Middle School.
On the agenda:
- Public hearing on FY2024 NBPS district budget
- Reports from Superintendent, Finance & Operations, Personnel, Sub-Committees, school committee
- Consideration of approval of the FY’24 budget. Three votes needed: 1. budget amount, 2. spending amount, 3. budget
- Vote to approve the 2023 MASC Joint Conference Delegate
- Vote to approve the merger of DeValles with Congdon to create a new elementary school district accommodating up to 760 elementary students to be housed in a new building to be located on property west of the present DeValles school, or a renovation of the DeValles school including expanding northerly by acquisition of property
- Executive session to discuss employment agreement with Andrew O’Leary, Darcie Aungst and Paul Bottome and to discuss negotiation strategy with the Federation of Paraprofessionals
- Return to open session to ratify those negotiations