COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
SUBMIT YOUR EVENT
- This event has passed.
New Bedford School Committee
April 10 @ 6:00 pm
The New Bedford School Committee will meet at 6 p.m. on Monday, April 10 in the Steve De Rossi Community Room at Keith Middle School.
On the agenda:
- Public hearing on school choice participation for 2023-24.
- Superintendent report, including development of a professional growth system and FY24 investment priorities presentation
- Reports from Student Representative, Personnel, Finance & Operations, Sub-Committees, School Committee
- Vote to approve 2025-26 draft district calendar
- Vote to approve school committee meeting calendar for 2023-24
- Vote to approve school transportation contract renewals for 2023-24 school year
- Superintendent search process
- Nominations for interim superintendent for 2023-24 school year
- Vote to approve the establishment of Professional Growth Manager, Chief of SChools, Safety and Security Manager
- Enter executive session to discuss collective bargaining strategy for negotiations with union and non-union personnel
- Return to open session and hold ratification vote for contracts with AFSCME and NBSSU