COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
- This event has passed.
New Bedford Conservation Commission
August 1 @ 6:30 pm
The Conservation Commission will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 1 at the Brooklawn Senior Center.
On the agenda:
- A request for an extension at 23 Popes Island to complete permitted barge installation
- One tree removal and brush cutting along the 25-foot buffer zone at 129 Tarkiln Place
- A change to the original plan to construct a concrete sidewalk and ADA accessible ramp on the notherly side of Bartlett Court and an extensio of the water main 25 feet
- An application to replace the existing sewerage pump station at 1484 Shawmut Ave, along with 4,900 feet of sewer force main on Nash Rd. The 100-foot buffer and local 25-foot setback will be impacted
- A request to approve a newly proposed float, gangway and barge configuration that will alter coastal bank and land under water at 137-143 Pope’s Island
- Fleet Marine update