COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
- This event has passed.
New Bedford City Council
September 14 @ 7:00 pm
The New Bedford City Council will meet at 7 p.m. on Sept. 14 in city council chambers at City Hall.
On the agenda:
- A resolution recognizing Fentanyl Prevention and Awareness Day on Aug. 21
- Hearings for Eversource to add conduit and a handhole on Russell Street and conduit and a handhole on Elm Street
- A veto from Mayor Mitchell of the ordinance amending Chapter 2, Article III relative to the clerk of committees
- A loan order for $7,850,000 to make critically needed repairs to city-owned buildings, recreational facilities, roads and infrastructure
- An order to approve and accept a 30-year preservation restriction granted by the New Bedford Women’s Center to the New Bedford Historical Commission
- An order to transfer $2,000 within fire department funds
- Reappointment of Joseph Goulart as a special police officer
- A recommendation to approve Martires Heredia-Cuevas for a special permit for motor vehicle sales, rentals and repair at Dominic Auto Services at 31 Scott Street
- Recommendation to aprpove Jordan J. Rebello for a special permit for motor vehicle sales, rental or repair at Neighborhood Auto Sales & Service, 930 County Street
- Applications for private livery licenses from David Mattos and Juan D. Reyes Garcia
- Recommendation to approve Robert Ekstrom as Chief Financial Officer
- An ordinance to rezone a lot on Acushnet Avenue to mixed-use business
- Recommendation to approve a TIF application and 5-year agreement for Windward Power Systems and Superfly Enterprises
- A motion to discuss the feasibility of conducting a survey of New Bedford Police Officers who have left the department in the last five years
- A motion to meet with the New Bedford Port Authority and Vineyard Wind to discuss parking around the New Bedford Marine Commerce Terminal
- A communication that a 1940s wood-frame garage at 82 Harvard Street is not historic and can be demolished
- A memorial Park Bench and plaque application at Clasky Common Park in memory of PFC Justin Candido Kirby
- The election warrant for the city preliminary election for mayor and city council on Tuesday, Oct. 3
- A letter sent to New Bedford Board of Parks Commissioners questioning the 11:30 a.m. start time of Reggae on West Beach.
- A citation for Robert and Rosalie Fouquette on the 40th anniversary of Big Wheel Truck Sales, a family-owned business