COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
- This event has passed.
New Bedford City Council
November 21 @ 7:00 pm
The New Bedford City Council will meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 21 in city council chambers at City Hall.
On the agenda:
- Hearing for Eversource to add poles on Acushnet Avenue and Orchard Street.
- An order authorizing the city to enter into a five-year lease agreement with Toshiba for copies in the New Bedford School Department
- An order authorizing the Mayor to deliver a single family water supply well easement on its property at 0 Lakeside Road in Middleborough for the home at 35 Lakeside Road
- Appointment of Patrick O’Connor of Newport, RI as the assistant city solicitor
- Reappointment of Kathryn Duff to the Planning Board
- Four orders moving funds from one line item to another in the budget
- A loan order of $3,657,943 for eminent domain land taking at 651 Orchard Street to build a new K-5 school to replace Congdon and DeValles
- A recommendation to sell the airport’s vacant lot on Mount Pleasant Street to Babbit Steam
- Appointment of Keith Wayne Soares as a constable
- Grant the demolition of the fire house tower at Fire Station No. 6 on Purchase Street
- A motion requesting a meeting with the Mitchell Administration to discuss increasing rent prices and the possibility of establishing a Rent Control Board
- A motion to convene an emergency meeting with UMass officials, the governor’s office and more to develop a plan to ensure UMass Dartmouth will continue to use the Star Store
- A motion for a Special Meeting of the City Council to convene in Executive Session on Dec. 4 to dsicuss options for deploying security, devices and strategies around City Hall and downtown while public meetings are being held
- New private livery licenses for Rosa M. Martinez DeJesus and Frank Vasquez