COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
- This event has passed.
August 28 @ 6:00 pm
The New Bedford Licensing Board will meet at 6 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 28 in the Ashley Room at City Hall.
On the agenda:
- Petition to transfer of an all-alcoholic beverages license from Servedwell Cultivator Shoals to Cultivator Corp.
- Petition to transfer all-alcoholic beverages license from Inner Bay to T&S Bar & Restaurant at 1339 Cove Rd.
- A petition to transfer a retail package store all-alcoholic beverages license from Wine & Market at 161 Popes Island to Ocean Wine and Spirit at 157 Popes Island.
- Petition to transfer an all-alcoholic beverages license from Tony’s Cafe & Bar to Bento’s Bar & Grill at the same location (118 County Street).
- Review four opening meeting law complaints
- Special one-day licenses for a Parish Festival at Our Lady of Purgatory Church, two cocktail receptions at the New Bedford Whaling Museum and a Portuguese Lusophone Lecture and Reception at the Whaling Museum.
- Hearing for Whiskey Lounge/Vibes Lounge for “continued failure to properly manage the premises and numerous calls for reports of disturbances” after a man was shot at the establishment on June 4.
- Review complaint for United Fisherman’s Club serving after hours.