COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
SUBMIT YOUR EVENT
- This event has passed.
March 21 @ 6:30 pm
The New Bedford Conservation Commission will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 21 at the Brooklawn Senior Center.
On the agenda:
- Request for Certificate of Compliance for Popes Island Reources LLC
- Notice of Intent proposing vegetation management within jurisdictional areas within Whaling City Golf Course
- Application looking to confirm a delineation and is proposing the removal of a loam pile and performing test pit excavations withing a 100 foot buffer zone
- Application proposing to develop a marine diesel fuel storage and distribution facility with two new aboveground storage tanks at 137-143 Popes Island.
- Application to construct a single-family home within the 100-foot buffer zone of an existing resource area on Potter Street
- Plover bids finalize
- Smart board installation purchase for applicant presentations
- Possible executive session for Michael W. Panagakos vs. Dennis Audette, Chairman of New Bedford Conservation Commission