COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
- This event has passed.
November 7 @ 6:30 pm
The New Bedford Conservation Commission will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 7 at the Brooklawn Senior Center.
On the agenda:
- A request to replace existing stormwater line with new 24-inch PVC within the limits of the travel lift area within a coastal flood zone at 10 and 26 North Front Street, the former Revere Copper site
- A notice of intent to cut vegetation around stormwater outfalls at 120, 129 and 200 Welby Rd within the 100-foot buffer zone
- Notice of intent to construct a 35′ x 72′ fenced-in facility on existing pavement, with a 180-foot self-standing tower to provide coverage for Fire, Police, and EMS
- A notice of intent to demolish the building at 1 Rear Coffin Ave and restore the area to loam and native seed mix within the 100-foot buffer zone of a coastal bank
- A proposal for The Shawmut Gate Station Modifications Project to replace existing fence and poles and create a driveway for Eversource Energy at 1183 Shawmut Ave
- McAllister presentation on Water Park anchor assessment
- Eastern Fisheries emergency (ratify)
- Sunken Barge recovery efforts update from TuckerRoy Marine