COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
SUBMIT YOUR EVENT
Committee on Appointments
March 21 @ 7:00 pm
The New Bedford City Council Committee on Appointments will meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 21 in City Council chambers at City Hall.
On the agenda:
- Citizen’s input time, with Dr. Ely Dorsey speaking on “the increase in property tax and the impact on senior citizens: and Filipa Melende speaking on “taxes”
- Public hearing on an application for Anthony Nieves Roman (A&J Auto Group) to receive a special permit for motor vehicle sales and/or rentals and light service at 271 Count Street
- Appointment of Christina E. Cotsoridis to the Airport Commission to replace Paula Popeo, who has resigned
- Appointment of Michael J. Paiva to the Traffic Commission to replace Ian Trombly, who does not wish to be re-appointed
- Appointment of Ymane Galotti to the Zoning Board of Appeals as an alternate member to replace Horacio B. Tavares, whose term expired
- Appointment of Patrica Langis to the Council on Aging to replace Jacqueline K. Medeiros, who has resigned
- Appointment of James R. Gagnon to the Veterans Advisory Board to replace Anthony Resendes, who has resigned
- Applications for livery licenses from Rose Guerdine Bazile and Anastasios Kolitsis