COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
SUBMIT YOUR EVENT
- This event has passed.
Board of Park Commissioners
May 17 @ 6:00 pm
The Board of Park Commissioners will meet at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17 in the Brooklawn Community Center.
On the agenda:
- Memorial/dedication bench in memory of Jose A. Gaspar at Ashley Park
- Sixth annual A Walk in My Shoes at Fort Taber/East Beach sidewalks on Oct. 14
- Fourth annual CommUNITY roll out at Buttonwood Park on Aug. 8
- DATMA’s fifth-year celebration at Custom House Square on June 22
- Liga Latina NB at Renwick Field permit review
- Memorial/dedication bench in memory of Frank & Eunice Hamer at Hazelwood Park
- Memorial/dedication benches in memory of William “Bud” Montigny and Elizabeth “Betty” Montigny at Buttonwood Park
- Play in the Park Lunch kick-off at Hazelwood Park on June 26
- Vote on Fort Taber gates hours for July 4th
- Abolition Row Park ribbon cutting on June 23