COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
SUBMIT YOUR EVENT
- This event has passed.
Appointments and Briefings
April 18 @ 7:00 pm
The Committee on Appointments and Briefings will meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 18 at City Hall.
On the agenda:
- Dr. Ely Dorsey speaking on “the increase in property tax and the impact on senior citizens.”
- Applications for new private livery licenses for Anastasios Kolitsis, Yessica Coreas and Kimberly Neves
- Appointment of James R. Gagnon to the Veterans Advisory Board to replace Anthony Resendes, who has resigned
- Appointment of Edward C. Anthes-Washburn to the Airport Commission to replace Adam Simmons, whose term expired in 2015
- A motion to discuss creating a New Bedford City Council Facebook and Twitter pages to “give the City Council the opportunity to make sure that it reports out work and proposals, along with actions and Committee reports in addition to the work throughout the community and ceremonies that the City Council participate in.” In addition, to look into an internship program with local high schools and universities.