COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
- This event has passed.
Apply for New Bedford Creative Grants
Applications are now being accepted for New Bedford Creative’s three grant programs aimed at fostering creativity and innovation in the city. These programs, funded through the City of New Bedford’s Arts, Culture and Tourism Fund and ARPA/American Rescue Plan Act, play a vital role in advancing New Bedford as one of the most culturally unique and creative cities in America.
The grant programs, each with its own distinct focus, are designed to empower artists, entrepreneurs, community groups, and individuals to contribute to New Bedford’s creative landscape and bring opportunity to its neighborhoods. Here is an overview of the three grant programs:
ARTnet: Artist Recovery and Training Network
- ARTnet is a comprehensive initiative designed to support artists in their recovery from the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It provides financial support, business planning assistance, training workshops, and access to a network of creative entrepreneurs.
Art is Everywhere!
- Art is Everywhere! is a grant program that seeks creative solutions to expedite the recovery of New Bedford’s neighborhoods from the pandemic.
- Originally established in 2020, it prioritizes projects that directly impact residents, visitors, and businesses while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and access (DEIA).
Wicked Cool Places
- Wicked Cool Places is a grant program aimed at creating or enhancing vibrant spaces within New Bedford’s neighborhoods.
- It focuses on projects that involve and positively impact residents, visitors, and businesses, contributing to the city’s cultural vitality.
Grant awards for these programs range from $2,500 to $20,000, accommodating projects of varying scales. Individuals, non-profits, community groups, and for-profits are all eligible to apply.
To provide further guidance and support, New Bedford Creative is offering 30-minute one-on-one sessions with Creative Specialist Hendrick Hernandez-Resto. Interested parties can schedule a session by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is highly recommended to review the guidelines and questions on newbedfordcreative.org before scheduling a session, as slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.