COVID-19 WARNING: While we continue to list New Bedford's array of cultural offerings, readers are advised to heed the latest public health recommendations. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends that both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public in areas of substantial or high transmission, including Bristol County.
39th Annual Fall River Holiday Parade
December 2 @ 1:00 pm
The parade follows Kennedy Park down South Main Street to Central and Bedford Streets. Participants must check in by 11:30 a.m. at the Bradford Avenue and South Main Street parade tent. Floats and large vehicles will check in at 10 a.m. at Bradford Avenue and Broadway.
Traffic on Broadway from Bradford Avenue to Middle Street will be closed at 10:30 a.m. to facilitate the parade.
- One of the largest holiday parades in New England
- Several high school bands throughout New England, bagpipe bands, Drum and Bugle Corps, and brass bands
- Giant parade balloons
- Local Fire and Police Departments
- Beautifully decorated floats, large vehicles, marching units, bands, and costumed characters
- Participation from the Fall River Public Schools and other local schools